Thursday, September 08, 2005

grumble grumble grumble

What is about some senior execs that love to get paid for driving people insane? Why are some of them so shockingly disorganised and panicky?

Just the other day, a director came and said "I need this stuff, it is urgent, it is for a good business prospect, I need it by COB Friday". Great, it is Wed lunch time, COB Friday is no problemo, I can deliver it. But that lunatic came back at 4pm the same day, and said "You know what, your deadline has been brought forward to COB today"! What the!!!!! Now, this makes me very mad!

Hey freak, listen up, so what, you want me to drop everything for you right now! It isn't my problem if you haven't be organized with your own project, you should have thought about more clearly what and when you have wanted! I have a life too you know, I have a kid to pick up from daycare in an hour, a home to go back to, dinner to prepare, a hubby to go home to...and now I need to stay back because you just realised you need this stuff today! Get out of here, you are a director that gets paid shit loads of money, so get organised! And if you aren't, for goodness sake, learn to do so!

Then another very panicky director came along, stomping along the office floor.. "Now can you tell me if this is correct? Why is this so? I need you to confirm this figures for me"...Slammed his door, one sec later, stomped across the office floor "I don't get this, why is this so, there must be an error"...bla bla bla bla bla bla

Now, all you big heads out there....listen up!

First of all, calm down, take a deep breath and bugger off! Don't stress your people out simply because you were panicking! We can handle things a lot better if you just give us a chance to breathe, to pee, to eat! Slow down, stop running around like a headless chook! It's a recipe for disaster! Give us space, back off, shut up, listen to us, trust us....and most of all, give us a bit of space to do the job before u jump around like a headless chook! It isn't a good look, so stop making a fool of yourself!

Get it!!!!!

Feel better now, yes!

2 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

I know, bosses seem to have lower IQ and EQ vs their subordinates, guess they are paid to be stupid. But, relak lah adik, just a job eh

Friday, September 09, 2005  
Blogger JJ said...

This sort of thing makes our heads really swell and we can lose our self-control too.Did you remain composed then? Hehe.Not easy.

Saturday, September 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home