Sunday, August 28, 2005

walk 4 a good cause

What was I doing to get up at 6am on a Sunday morning to get ready for a 12km walk!!!??? What was I thinking when I registered for the event a few weeks ago? It must have caught me at a weak moment! Crazy! Worst still it was pissing down big time this morning, so wet!

But hang on, reality check - it was to support ppl with intellectual disability in WA. So, no whinging!

There were people everywhere when we got there, some just look superfit, some dressed up as clowns or the tin man, some came in tow with kids n prams, some purely came to stir u up as they stand by the side clutching a takeaway coffee...some like us were just happy that we made it out of bed in time for the start.

This is my 1st time doing it and with a few people from work, we started the 12km walk at 8am! It was a slow start coz I was trying hard to dodge those fast runners, and then there were the prams, which if not looking, I could crash into them and injured the little kiddies, oops! It was fine after a while, and the non-stop "yakking" exercise along the way certainly did the trick in getting my mind off some of those killer hills.

And we covered 12km in just less then 2 hrs- something like 1hr 59min 32 sec! Close, hee hee.

Yes, I was all wet when I got to the finishing line, my legs were a bit tired n sore, but I got a medal for finishing the walk (of which JD has claimed to be his) and best of all, what could be better than a yummy sausage sizzle after all the exericse!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hai Yi,I turned on your page for Dad after finishing all my housework. So don't worry.
Dad laughed when I told him JD claimed that medal to be his.

JJ

Monday, August 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home