Saturday, August 13, 2005

cooking up a storm

This has been a stormy night and it has been raining cats and dogs all day. The wind was coming on fast and strong, so spending a night at home sounds like a good idea.




Hub suddenly felt like some cookies tonight and I thought me and JD could make some cookies together. ***Ummm....yes, daddy felt like cookies, and so mommy and bub did the work, yeh, that sounds about right, ha ha!*** So, out the flour, sugar, butter from the pantry and while I was very tempted to make the sinfuly delicious choc chip cookies, hubby preferred the more humble coconut biscuits. So, there we were, me pouring the butter and sugar into the big bowl, and JD helped to mix it all up. Then we poured the coconut in, kneaded the dough, roll into a ball, and flatten it with a big smack! JD was having so much fun, and kept repeating "mack, mack" everytime he flatten the biscuits. We chuck them into the oven for 12mins and within half an hour of fun, we had the golden delicious coconut crisp biscuits! Yummy! Though mine didn't turn out looking like the picture in the book, but me and JD reckoned it tasted just as good! Hubby gave it a big tick too. We are all happy!



But a little drama happened while we were baking up a storm in the kitchen. The wind outside was ferocious and all of a sudden, we heard a big bang! My heart dropped thinking the roof has been blown away and maybe we would all get blown away by the wind! Allright allright, I have watched too much TV. Well, maybe not the roof this time, but it was my fence. My fence got snapped it half by the strong gust of wind....oopsy! Now we have really cooked up a storm.

Well, it is still pouring down outside, wind gusting at 100km/hr...so I guess it's time to hit my igloo and hide under my doona cover for a while! Zzzzzzzz...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always good with cookies.
My does the fence looks ugly or what!!

Saturday, August 13, 2005  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

luckily the fence didn't hit the pole that supports the back roof!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That nite, the 12th, we had strong
wind too. I noticed the
strong wind passed for three times and upset my sleep . I was thinking that damages would be caused to many people and who knows now your fence became one of the victims. Very sorry lah.

Sunday, August 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry not to have put in the initial : JJ

JJ

Sunday, August 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home