Thursday, January 26, 2006

Feeling Australian?

Yay, holiday today, it is Australia Day! For me, everyday as long as I live in Australia, it is Australia Day! The sky is blue, light breeze in the air, every man and dogs on the street are donning on their Australian flag shirt, flag tatoo, queing up at the local bakery for more hotdog rolls and lamingtons! Pretty much carrying on in the good old Aussie way!

And what can be more Australian when JD decided to make himself a piece of fairy bread this morning. I think for kids, fairy bread is the best thing since sliced bread! To me, it is a day glued to the Australian Open! Yep, that's how I will be spending my Australia Day, and no doubt with with few intermitent interruptions from my 2.5 yo for some Playdoh and mini golf sessions!

We won't be going to the foreshore to see the fireworks display, coz JD could probably still be a bit little to appreciate it all. Instead, we will have a quiet night at home, throw some chicken patties and bangers on the barbie, with some salad and rolls! That's still Australian eh!

Now, just a little version of JD's interpretation of hotdogs! OK, why do we call it hotdogs? Instead JD had a more sophisticated way of calling it, Sausage Bread! While at Bunnings one day and walking past the hotdog stall, JD called out Sausage Bread! And I thought to myself, huh? What sausage bread? Ah..then I figure out that it was sausage in a bread roll, therefore it is sausage bread! Clap, clap for JD, pretty cool eh! Ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home