Friday, January 20, 2006

I want my Friday back!!!

A number of months ago, and for over a year, Friday was a me and JD's day. It's the day when I have reserved to spend time with him, and not go into the office at all. We used to spend time going for morning walks, getting the paper, go to activities, meet up with friends, and for me to catch up with all the errands in the house. It was nice then!

I have lost my Fridays for a while now, mainly due to extra work commitment and stuffs around the house just gets into a whole heap of neglected mess! Week after week, it stares at me, my pile of clothes to be ironed has been staring at me, "Iron me, iron me, please...don't wait till when you feel like wearing me". The wooden floor doesn't trap dust but I could feel it needs a good vacumm and mop when I walk on it...I have dried Playdoh around the house...I haven't spent my Friday baking yummy cakes and cookies with JD...I miss that terribly!

Having to do a big clean up of the house with an almost 2.5 yo hanging around is kinda hard! At this age, JD loves having me playing with him, whether it be making Playdoh, making crafts, cooking, JD playing the brain surgeon, of JD being the grocery cashier...He finds every opportunity for me to sit down at his little table and having a play and dialogue with him.

He will pop his head around and asked me "Mommy finished yet?" when he sees me busy cleaning the house, poor kiddo!

I want my Friday back!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Your very good Fridays have fallen like dominoes. You may have to rearrange them and play the game afresh. Wish you success and gd luck with Jayden to find his mon back.

Saturday, January 21, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Suggestions:
1. Hire a cleaner
2. Send clothes for ironing
3. Work half day on Friday

Monday, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home