Saturday, February 04, 2006

Mari memasak

Mari memasak part 1

Since having a bit more time this weekend, I have also been able to plan the dinner at home a bit better. I guess partly becoz I am not running around from one place to another and I could actually leave JD at home with hub on Sat arvo to concentrate on doing a proper groceries shopping without worrying JD tearing down the whole aisle of jams or fruits and vegies...

Last night we had a feast, well, feast becoz I quite usually just made one or 2 dish. So, with all the fresh groceries, I was able to make a stir fried cauliflower with carrot, steamed Tasmanian salmon steak with some chilli and corriander, chilli pepper pork and prawn crackers (little treat for everyone :) And you know what's nice about it all, that we were all able to sit down as a family for a nice relaxing meal. As we have all been busy, the last few weeks were pretty much just me and JD having dinner together, with hub either still stuck at work till past midnight or me feeling completely exhausted after a full day of work trying to get dinner ready and trying to hurry JD with his dinner, getting him showered, changed, strories telling before tucking him into bed all by 8pm! It's military style sometimes in this household, hee!




JD loved the steamed fish! He couldn't have enough of it which I thought was pretty cool for a kid. He pretty much just had fish with rice that night!

Mari memasak part 2

Tonight while I was thinking of making American baked ribs, hub wandered out from his room asking if we could have steamed rib with black bean sauce instead! I thought why not, it's less work and I love anything steamed!

This dish is pretty easy to make. Just get hold of some pork ribs, marinate it in some LKK Black Bean Garlic Sauce, throw in some cut chillies, season it with some salt, sugar, soy sauce and a bit of corn flour to thicken the sauce.

Steam for about 25-30mins and then dinner is ready! Easy! Oh yes, if you wish, you can garnish with some chopped spring onions or corriander.


Mari memasak part 3

Sis also asked me what sort of pastry I used when I made the curry puff previously. The pastry I used was puff pastry. To make the curry puff, I first cut the pastry into shapes of circle according to size of the mould. Next put in the filling (must cool to room temperature) and brush the edges with egg before sealing it with the mould. Once that's done, I brush the top with some eggs and put in the oven for about 20-25 mins (at 180-200 deg c) till the pastry rises and browned.



1 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

Such clever mum you are! JD is a lucky kid!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home