Thursday, November 16, 2006

Hump week

I need to remind myself that once in a while I can feel this way. But not for long.

I have been feeling flat since Sunday. I felt Drained. Exhausted. Tired. Had Enough. I couldn't be bothered with the slightest thing even if my 3yo was going to tear the house down or ate up a whole packet of lollies he found in the pantry. My mind was somewhere else. I wasn't angry, but I was just flat. My husband thought I appeared much calmer than usual. Because I was just way too tired. Everything seem so distant to me.

I thought I would feel better after a good night sleep. Sunday. Monday. Tuesday. Wednesday. I still felt the same, if not worst. I knew I had to get out of this hole. Went to see my naturopath and told her about it. She gave me some supplements to help lift my mood. I started feeling better by late last night.

Today, I have at least look forward to my day. I went out to get groceries for the household. I went to get myself some new clothes and a pair of shorts for the summer weather. I plan something different for dinner tonight. I still went for my weekly hydrotherapy exercise class. I smell like chlorine now but it did me good.

The thing is motherhood and managing the household can be very demanding and exhausting. No doubt I have had many joyful moments with my kids, but man, they can drained your energy away.

But I must also know that I can feel flat once in a while. This week is just trying to get over the hump.

And I also wish that my husband can just take a day off during the week to spend time at home with me and the kids. No going anywhere crowded. Just enjoying a quiet home life.

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Its very good and wise of you to realise your need for attention from others . Being in the house dealing with the same routines for months can make us feel so conjested in the breast and will start to doubt the significance of all the efforts.You will be much better once you realise you are down and always conscious of the danger of depression. JJ

Thursday, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Little Impala said...

Good grief. This all sounds way too familiar to what I am feeling for the past few weeks! Maybe I should take the same supplements that u took... I need something to lift up my mood too.

Thursday, November 16, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Good that you saw the naturopath. Coz I would have suggested the same thing, since she had helped before. As for your wish, why not you ask him outright. Depending on the answer, then we will deal with it again. Courage.

Thursday, November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home