Thursday, April 05, 2007

6 weird things about me

I was tagged by Irene a while ago, and I have to list down 6 weird things about myself.

These are the rules: Each player of this game starts out by giving 6 weird things about themselves. People who get tagged need to write in a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state the rules clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. After you do that, leave them each a comment letting them know you tagged them and to read your blog!

1. I love bittergourd (苦瓜 ). I hated it when I was a kid. But later on, I discovered a yummy way of cooking it through my late father in law! My FIL and I used to share a passion for this dish. He had a little patch of bittergourd plantation at the back of his house, once in a while he would pick some from his vegie patch, stew it over the stove with some fermented black bean sauce and chicken. Oh, it was so delicious that both of us would sit at the table eating it happily with bowls and bowls of rice. No one else in the family enjoy this dish except for me and my FIL. I still cook it for myself once in a while and I still remember those wonderful moments we shared!

2. I don't like seeing water stains around the kitchen. This habit drives my husband crazy. I would insist on wiping the kitchen bench top, sink area dry when I see spots of water. And I do the same at the office kitchen, my mum's house in Batu Pahat when I do go back, my MIL's house when I go over, friend's place. It's crazy.

3. I must make sure the house is tidy before I leave. I dislike coming back to a house that is untidy. So I would make sure the pillows on the sofa are rightly positioned, toys are kept away, newspapers neatly stacked, no dirty dishes left on the kitchen table, shoes neatly aligned...it's another strange habit of mine. I just like the feeling of a house that's neat and cosy when I return. And I also do the same before going to bed each night, so that I don't wake up to a messy house :)

4. But I can't always keep my wardrobe neat. I could keep the rest of the house neat and tidy. But I struggle a lot with my wardrobe. It only starts to get better a year ago when I put in new storage.

5. Cooking and baking is my stress relief. Baking particularly relief my stress. When I was pregnant with both kids, and when I find myself worrying about something, I would start browsing through my cook book, and starts BAKING. And to help me ease my labour contractions at home the few hours before going to the hospital, I baked for 2 hours in the kitchen while breathing and rocking my pelvis through each contraction. And the midwives got some nice fresh cookies as a "Thank You" gift. That only happened with the first labour, the 2nd labour happened too quick for me to even think of baking!

6. I can't sit through a movie without falling asleep and this only applies if I am watching a movie on DVD. My husband would always get some DVDs out for me, but most of the time I would fall asleep on the couch watching them. And it's not because the movie is crap, it's me being too comfortable on the couch!

As for tagging someone. This is my first time doing it and I can only think of 5 ... Well, no obligations at all, just do if you wish to. Have fun!

Kelly of Qianyi's World - Hee hee, becoz you haven't been tagged for this one
Crazy mommy - to take her mind off the glucose test :)
Cat Aunty - becoz she is one cool cat aunty that provides refuge for the cats
Diary of an Eternal Sunshine to Be - so she can relax by thinking of something else other than work
2 be fair - Got to be fair I guess, plus she keeps picking on her niece's botak head :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

How about your bizzare recipe of cokes + durian ?...to be fair kekeke

Friday, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Little Impala said...

This tag will have to wait. Very busy lately. Yesterday I went for my blood test, came back super hungry and giddy ... till now I still feel weak. Sigh...:(

Saturday, April 07, 2007  
Blogger kelly said...

Haha..someone else has tagged me on this...but I've been too busy to do it. :p

Monday, April 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home