Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Being Thankful

I caught a nasty virus, most possibly over the weekend. I felt life I had been run over by a truck, extreme tiredness and by lunch time yesterday, I felt the whole house was spinning. It was bad. I was trying to put the kids down for a nap so that I could rest, but instead got JD to run out of the room to grab the phone for me. I had to ask hubby to come home quick because I wasn't able to manage on my own.

It was the worst feeling, dizziness. Later on, Phil drove me to the doctor and they gave me a jab to stop the dizziness.

I have been sleeping for the entire day. At 2.30pm, I finally woke up and felt strong enough to get out of bed. The doctor has given the husband 2 days leave so he can stay home with me and the kids.

Phil was worried about me because I lost my balance yesterday afternoon. I knew he was frantically trying to get things organised to drive me to the doctor.

I was trying to reassure the kids that mommy is ok while lying down on the floor trying to regain my balance.

But instead, JD walked over to me, lay his head on my shoulder to comfort me. And he just lied on the floor together with me.

He is such a sensitive little boy that brings tears to my eyes. He has got such a caring heart in him.

And I am so thankful that my husband wasn't caught in a meeting or off-station.

A note to myself -perhaps I should show JD about dialling for 000 in case of emergency.

And I always have the same worry when I am unwell - who is going to look after the kids? It scares me everytime I fall sick.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How are you? Hope you are fine now. We must take good care of ourselves because our young kids need us...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Thanks Kelly, I feel much better now. I know, my kids will need me, so I am trying to keep well.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Thank you for blogging and let us know. Please rest well, sleep kao kao, eat shiok shiok....the rest can wait but health is the most important

Tuesday, April 03, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

Gosh, I guess it is time to teach Jayden how to use the phone (at appropriate time). I hope you're feeling better now.

Thursday, April 05, 2007  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Sorry to hear that you and JD had to go through this experience.

Friday, April 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home