Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Waigong is in town!

My dad, the kids's waigong (maternal granddad) is in town for a week. JD and I excitedly drove to the airport on Sunday. JD was very happy to see his waigong again, though I am not too sure if he remembers him. The last time JD saw his waigong was during our 2004 visit back to Malaysia and JD was only 18 months old then.

Likewise, my dad was very happy to see his grandson, and literally just let his luggage trolley rolled away while getting down to give JD a big cuddle. I chased after the trolley and managed to catch up with them, phew :) JD hit it off very well with his waigong, showing him his bedroom, checking out any presents that his waigong has brought over, calling "waigong" everywhere in the house ... and even insisted on sleeping with waigong on his first night!

They have been going for morning and evening walks together. Everything is good with the walks, but he would bully my dad into carrying him because his little feet were too tired. Gee! JD knows whom to bully. And my dad being the doting grandparent, would happily obliged...

Then, there was the very first meeting between Chloe and my dad. This is his first time meeting her and a very special moment for both of them. Chloe loves to grab her waigong's nose and glasses, and she gets terribly upset if she couldn't grad hold of them, tsk tsk!

Like her brother, she also bully her waigong. I had to do a volunteer parent roster at JD's kindy on Monday. I left her with my dad. And she refused to go down for a nap on her own and would only settle by sleeping in her waigong's arms. And my dad did that for 2 hours, applause!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Those are wonderful photos. Hope you all have fun!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

JD is a natural host :)

Wednesday, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home