Sunday, February 05, 2006

All about JD

Well, I have been a bit slow in blogging lately...not that I intentionally want to, but I just haven't found time in the last couple of weeks. Hub has been really busy with work, JD has had a cold and a tummy bug at the same time, my work is also getting busy with some killer timeframe, and trying to get on top of all other things at the same time. Unfortunately nights when I could sit myself comfortably in front of my computer reading and surfing blogs have been spent looking after a sick child sleeping on my lap and other hand typing away my report...it's been crazy!

So, after a crazy few weeks, finally I could breath a sigh of relief this weekend as hub's work has slowed down and I have a bit of a helping hand.

This would have to be a 'bumper' issue and I would try my best to recall everything that has happened:

JD's belated Xmas pressie

Ok, this is a bit sad, sad because we have taken so long to put his trike together. First, when when we got his trike for Xmas, hub only realised one of the parts was missing from the box after we got it. Then there was the Xmas break and we only got around to get an exchange sometime after the new year. Then we all got busy with other things and never got around to assemble it. And after a few nags, hubby finally put JD's new tricycle together and I couldn't see a happier little boy! It only took him a few attempts to figure out the pedalling bit and he was off...JD has a funny game when he rides on his trike, he will ride off and tell me he is off buying apples. Then he would hop down from his bike, run to other side of the wall pretending to buy apples, eat it all up, before riding off on his bike again. It was quite amusing to watch the imagination of a nearly 2.5 yo.


JD's little music concert

Another of JD's fav past time is playing up a storm with his xylophone, flute, maracas, drums, home made shaker (i.e. bottle filled with uncooked rice). Each time I put on a Wiggles DVD, I would see JD rushing into his play room, puling out all his musical instruments and lay them on the coffee table, banging away happily on his drums, piano etc before turning around and announcing, "Mommy, music concert!" Ha ha, that's classic. Honestly, no offence JD, it's a bit noisy, but hey, we all have to start somewhere...afterall most great music player started off in the backyard garage :) Keep going matey, I will just put on my ear plugs :) and one day if you choose to be a rock star, make sure I get the front seat and a signed autograph!

Child's best time

Since hubby had been busy, he has had little time with JD. Likewise, JD misses his daddy terribly when he is busy. So to compensate for all the lost time, daddy set up a tent in the backyard and both boys (the big one no doubt still considers himself young at heart) camped overnight in the backyard! JD loves sleeping in the tent and they have been doing this boy stuff since JD was about 6 months old! That's their time together, while I sit back, relax in the house and have the whole bed to myself, muahaha!

And last but not least, here are some shots of JD's yoga poses. Actually, I think it was more of him mucking around like any boy of his age. Seriously, I have been showing some baby yoga poses to JD, and so far he has mastered the child's pose, cat stretch and dog pose. It's great fun when we can do a few yoga stretches together.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Hey welcome back. The steamed salmon is yummy

Monday, February 06, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

How cool - to have your hubby and son camping together. Must be a nice break for you too. :)

Wednesday, February 08, 2006  
Blogger ZMM said...

Aw.. it's nice what JD gets to do...
I guess the best is still camping outside huh?
Probably have to ask my hubby to do the same, so I can be like you, relax and have the whole house to myself.

Friday, February 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home