Friday, July 21, 2006

Precious Gift

Hello everyone, meet our precious little bundle of joy - Chloe 恺仪 (Kai Yee) Lee Yum


Chloe popped into world last Wednesday on 12th July 2006 @ 10.22am.

It was a smooth and safe labour which lasted for just over 2 hours. I didn't expect baby to arrive a week early, and was preparing myself for another week of lugging around a big belly. I knew it was the REAL thing when I woke up on Wednesday morning, with contractions only 2 minutes apart. There was no warming up at all, and I had to stop hubby from going to work, dropping JD off early at daycare before speeding off to the delivery room.

Upon arrival at the hospital, I was already 7cm dilated and my doctor happily announced to me I could have my baby in an hour's time. All I could think of then was "No way, that means PAIN!"

After about 2 hours, Chloe arrived safely and I was able to hold her soft warm body against me. Chloe weighed 6lb 14oz and 50cm long. Compared to JD, she is a dainty little princess. JD was a whooping 8lb bub when he was born. She was in a posterior position, but the smart lil princess managed to turn herself around just before making her entry into the world.

It was a joy to bring a child into the world, and to see her opening her eyes looking at me was a moment I would never forget! I am going to love her soooooo much! Ah, my lil princess!

It took us a few days to decide on her name, as I didn't expect myself to have a girl. Every man and dog on the street was betting on me having a boy due to my high, pointy, all out front belly.

We finally decided on Chloe because:
1. I have always wanted a Chloe if I have a girl
2. It's biblical meaning - abundance, fertile, growth
3. And it sounded so gentle and feminine

Compared to my first labour experience, hub said it seems a lot easier. I agree with that too. The body kicks in, knows what to do, I knew exactly what to expect and felt so much more calm and relaxed this time. Somehow I am still amazed at how I managed to go through 7 cm all those time by being at home and breathing through every single contraction. Perhaps all the yoga breathing exercise has helped afterall. My doc still thinks I have high tolerance for pain : )

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

she's so round! so cute. I want to pinch her cheeks! Absolutely beautiful! Great name too!

And I'm glad that you are all doing well!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home