Saturday, September 02, 2006

Being a mom again...

The last number of weeks have been great, with my big sista W and my mom around from M'sia to give me a hand. This week I am pretty much on my own again, juggling the 2 little munchkins by myself most days. The morning was once again a challenge, getting 2 kids in the car, getting to places on time, completing tasks each day... I laughed at myself of how my goals have changed again. Where previously beating the morning traffic to work was usual, completing projects to timeline was my priority, beating the evening traffic to pick up kiddo #1 was like competing in The Amazing Race.

Since kiddo #2 came along, my goal has been making sure I send JD to daycare on time, getting the dinner sorted in advance, settling a crying baby in the midst of playing hide n seek with a 3 yo toddler, nursing a hungry baby during JD's craft and painting sessions, rocking a sleepy baby to the tune of "Toot toot chugga chugga big red car....", stuffing my face with some quick meals, have a 2 secs shower, bathing the toddler whilst entertaining the lil one with funny faces, and at the same time also mastered the one-hand typing act, and using my feet to pick up stuff while holding a sleeping kid in my arm...how my priorities changed again.

Today I am just knackered! Back to reality again. Somehow trying to be positive was like kidding myself. I just let it be. Positive thinking. Another day.

Nevermind a house that is messy, where little trains, cars, building blocks scattered through the hallway...piles of dishes in the sink...laundry to be washed...at least I am keeping my sanity, the giggling laughter of a beautiful 3 yo toddler and the sweet smell of a sound asleep baby!

1 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Aiyo, I lift my hat to you!
You have supported not only half the sky so that it stays in place.
So no monster or spider dare to come close, tell Jayden.

Sunday, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home