Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Chloe - 8 weeks old

Chloe is a very different baby compared to her brother. When she was first born, I noticed she loves to be cuddled a lot and was also a very alert baby. Unlike her brother whom kept sleeping for the first few days, she kept her eyes opened in the first few hours after her birh, looking at our faces, checking out the surroundings around her.



Being a bit more aware of her surroundings also means she was a bit harder to please. Sometimes I tried to sneak away to make a quick cuppa only to have grumble and grizzle in the background. She loves it when I am around her, singing, cooking, typing, sweeping, vacumming, taking a shower, doing the dishes, playing with a her older brother, chatting on the phone...sometimes with her in my sling, sometimes she would be quite happy just sitting there.

I thought she was demanding. A typical woman some laughs. Hard to please. Not happy. Too hot. Too cold. Too bright. Too dark. Cries when car stops. Happy when car moves. Loves to snuggle. And quietly I thought maybe this one is gonna be difficult.

But then come those moments when she flashes her little smiles at me. And I thought it ain't that bad afterall.

Actually, is not her that's difficult because she is a different baby to her brother.

Is because I was silly enough to think that one style fits all.

If she loves to be cuddled, she gets it. If she doesn't mind my out of tune singing, at least I know I have got a faithful "fan". If she loves to be around me when I cook is because she loves the aroma of a home cooked meal. And she is just like any normal baby... She needs her mom. Now does thay make me feel good or what!?

Honestly I finally came to grip with it over the weekend. Go with the flow, whatever works.

She has her own inborn character and temperament. I shouldn't expect her to be like her older brother. She is a girl afterall, remember? Haha. Now that I am more at ease with the whole different baby business, I feel more positive about doing whatever that works for this baby.

And I got myself a sling to use at home over the weekend as it's easier on my back. She loves it. And because of that, I love it even more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Best of luck. YOu seem to be doing great!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Dad said Chloe kind of Tai Jie Tai style.

JJ

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home