Monday, November 27, 2006

Another thing I do as a mom!

JD's paternal grandmother bought him this book from a door-to-door salesperson. Great. JD rushed through the door, showing me his new book, tore opened the box, balloons scattered all over the floor. Fantastic!

I stood there trying to work out what the excitement was all about. Balloons. JD's favourite. Big fat round balloons, I have no problem with. I can blow them with gusto till my belly hurts. But balloons that require me to twist and turn into a bee, caterpillar, guitar, giraffe, puppy dog, you name it....NO! Because I am bloody fearful of popping the balloons.

JD's paternal grandma had this idea that at 3 years old, he should be able to do it. But no. Look at the packaging. For 8 years and up!

My hubby being the gung-ho father he is took on the challenge. But after 1 nano second of trying it, he turned around only to tell his son "It's not working!" Brrrrrrr

Now, anyone that has a kid would know how terrible it is to dissapoint kids because they always think that daddy and mommy can do anything and EVERYTHING! And most of the time when daddy can't help, mommy would always come to the rescue.

So after one morning of nagging and please, please, please a million times from my 3 yo, I plucked up enough courage to attempt making a bee for him. Come on I told myself, don't be such a chicken!

Now now, am I am good mother or what! Wahaha, after holding my breath for a good 5 mins, I managed to come up with a bee!

Ah, things I do as a mom!

And and and, mommy also finished painting the butterfly for Miss C's room! No, I didn't draw the butterfly, I can't draw. The canvas came with a butterfly printed on and I just coloured it in. Hee!

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

There should be a pump to expand the long ballons before you twist
it into shapes.Don't get sore throat with blowing it yourself.
Good mother !

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Oh dear, clever mum!!辛苦你了

Monday, November 27, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

i bet daddy is too chicken to hear the balloon pop.

Monday, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home