Tuesday, January 09, 2007

He is my boy

JD and I have had lots of interesting conversations recently. Partly because he is not attending daycare this month and we are spending lots of time together.

JD saw me putting the Christmas tree back in its box and ready to be put back in the shed. He looked a little bit dissapointed as he saw me carrying the box out.

JD: "Mommy, why are you taking down the Xmas tree?"
Me: "Oh, because Xmas is over, Santa has gone back to Noth Pole and it's too hot in Australia now!"
JD: "Awwww, no more party!?"
Me seeing his dissapointment then said "Oh, Chinese New Year will be coming soon next month and we can have another party!"
JD: "Oh yeh, then we can eat LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF CHOCOLATES!"

Oh dear!

And tonight while watching the news, a jewellery shop commercial came up during the news break.

Me: "Oh wow, that's a beautiful ring!"
Hubby: "U like it? JD you buy one for mommy?"
JD: "Yeh, I have money, I will buy mommy one. Not for daddy. Diamonds only for girls"

Wahahahaha, he knows about diamonds already!?

On the note about JD not going to daycare this month, my bank balance is looking pretty good for the last few weeks. Everytime I open my purse, I smile seeing there's still cash in there and not being paid out to daycare. I am not sure about other parts of the world, but I find daycare in OZ is expensive. In last year alone, I spent around $10k on one child when I worked 4 days a week. Ouch! And as a couple, we pay the maximum tax and get the minumum rebates back from the government, tax system in Australia S.U.C.K.S!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home