Friday, January 05, 2007

Holiday after effects

I don't think this muffin can get any sweeter than it already is.

My 3 yo is missing his father terribly after spending a week of holiday with him and having his father with him 24/7 for that whole week. This week he keeps asking me "Where has daddy gone? Still at work?" and he would bring the phone to me wanting to talk to his daddy.

Yesterday afternoon, he woke up from his afternoon nap wanting to make a cake for daddy. So I took out a box of cake mix and helped him make this chocolate muffin for his daddy.

He misses his daddy. And I think my husband is missing the kids too. Because he calls me just too many times in a day to ask what we are doing, if the kids are behaving, are the kids having a nap, what is JD doing, what is JD eating, does JD like his bike, is Chloe a good girl, is she sleeping, what time did JD wake up, and etc etc...

4 Comments:

Blogger Crazymommy said...

I get those questions all the time too! But your JD is really a sweet-natured boy and he really does love baking ah! Not sure about u... i used to feel jealous when all my Dh asked is about Nikita when he calls me. Haaha.. silly me. :P

BTW, just curious... do you use the full or partial pack of the cake mix? Your muffin looked really yummy. I feel like baking them myself too... but if i have to use the full pack, i am sure most of the muffins will end up in the trash. Haha...

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

Hahaha. The next time he calls, tell him to come home and check on them himself. Hee hee.

It's good to have a very involved daddy. You scored yourself a good man.

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

CM, I used the full packet of cake mix. But most of the time, I will just keep 2-3 cupcakes for us, and the rest I will give to my neighbour's kids or friends. Otherwise, I will force myself to eat them all up :)

Wahahaha Irene, I like your sense of humour. But then hubby always choose those funny times to call, like when I am feeding the lil one, or when I am cooking or when I am just about to settle them to sleep or when I am in the loo...

Saturday, January 06, 2007  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Erm, were you watching too much Jamie Oliver when you are preggie with JD? I think he has a real talent in culinary arts!!

Agree with Irene. Come home one time, don't work on weekends, then he won't miss anything.

Saturday, January 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home