Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It's all good

I have been wanting to blog on my weekend, but the sleeping bug got the better of me last few nights. I only wanted to have a lie down with JD last night and ended up falling asleep at 7.30pm well before JD did, gosh! And I woke up at midnight realised I haven't done what I set out to do, doh!

I didn't have to work last Friday because JD had a cold. I gathered this child was just run down and I decided to keep him at home with me. He was good, pretty much just spent his day lying on the sofa watching his kiddy show, have some fruits, play with his toys quietly while I did a bit of work, surf the net, chat with my sis, have nap, folded the laundry and in between went to the shop to get some groceries...

And the good thing about staying home on that Friday was the weekend felt so much longer.

Saturday night, hub and JD had their usual "boys night out", i.e. camping in the backyard :) I love seeing them doing that together, so crazy that it makes you laugh. JD would get his backpack ready, stuff it with his toys, spare clothes, milk, nappy. Oh yes, and he would want to have a torch light too. He would try to help his daddy with the tent, bringing the mattresses, pillows, blanket into the tent...sitting back and watching those moments were PRICELESS! And before JD headed off into his tent with daddy, he would always come around to give me a cuddle, kiss, and a "see ya mommy!"...Sitting back in my study that night, I could hear the giggles from the tent, and I know deep down I have 2 very happy men in my life : )

Sunday was a home day. We all felt too lazy to go out and instead spent time chilling out at home. JD at 2.5 yo has a good mix of angelic n devilish days. Some days he will be an absolute darling, some days I just couldn't wait for Monday when I could send him to daycare, hee hee. He was my darling, happy, crazy little man on Sunday. We spent our day doing painting, drawing, doing craft, building blocks, preparing lunch together, sleep, dancing around in the house to The Wiggles, reading books, rolling and tumbling around in the living room.

A day like that made it all worthwhile for all the bad days we have had. It makes everything all okay again and I think back to myself "what was I worrying about?" - SMILE!


That night, I made a nice big bowl of wonton soup, slurp, slurp, yum, yum!


Came Monday, I felt good, and not dragging my feet to work. I felt rested, relaxed, spring in my steps and well at work by 7.30am!

The night, I came home and made us all a yummy dish of chicken crispy noodle!

But Tuesday came and I felt defeated. It was one of those situations when you felt taken for granted. I started off well but soon went downhill. Of all the hardwork you had put into a project and spending your days, weeks, months slogging over it, the project mgr decided to change it all . Like a big slap on the face, you came to a point when you became so tired with putting up a fight and you are happy just to let them have it all.

With that, I have still won myself a peace of mind. There will be more rewarding things along the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home