Sunday, February 26, 2006

Being independent

JD is now 2.5 yo and I have always been quite happy to give him the opportunity to become more independent and learning to do things for himself. He shows great interest in our daily activities, brushing the teeth, washing his hair, doing the dishes, washing the vegies, cooking, getting in and out of car himself, mixing his milk formula and etc etc. He gets terribly upset with us if we try to help him doing something that he has great interest in, such as mixing his milk formula.

He would rush into the kitchen when he knows it's time and firmly exclaimed "I do, I do, I do it!". Next he will pull the stool around so that he is tall enough to reach the bench top and make his formula. It can be messy, but he is getting better. And if I stand in the way, he will politely say "Excuse me please!".

I am happy that he is quite a little independent kid and carers at daycare have also mentioned that do me. But the line also needs to be drawn somewhere, such as holding my hand when crossing the road, not touching the electrics or anything dangerously harmful.

And since he was hungry this morning and wanted a sandwich, I thought I would guide him to make a sandwich for himself.



First you get a bit of butter,
Then you spread it on the bread,Next you fold it in half,And now you EAT it, yum!

3 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

JD why you so dark?

Sunday, February 26, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

JD need a haircut mommy.

Monday, February 27, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

Priceless!

Thursday, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home