Saturday, February 18, 2006

Love affair with "pao"



I am a pao-fan. Char siu pao, tau sar pau, lotus paste pao, vegetable pao, xiao long pao, I LOVE THEM all! Last night on the way home from dinner, hub asked if I wanted to takeaway some pao for breakfast for the next morning. Without hesitation, I bought myself a ta pao (big bun). Honestly, I love ta pao. I remember having them as a kid while growing up in Brunei. My dad would go to the pasar each Sunday morning after his jog and buy us ta pao for breakfast. The filing inside is so juicy, with nice chunky pieces of chicken, mushroom and quarter of an egg. That was what I looked forward to when I was a kid on a Sunday morning.

And I love char siu pao too. I still remember my dad buying those steaming hot char siu pao from a then very famous Hong Kong restaurant in Brunei - The Lucky Restaurant.

Now, with JD, I also discovered that he is a bigger fan like me. After waking up this morning, I heat up the ta pao I bought last night in the wok and we were both literally fighting for it. Ha ha. I should have bought 2...maybe I will go back and get more tonight, hee hee.

Here are some shots of JD savouring his ta pao bits by bits.


But, if there is a favourite ta pao...it would have to be those from my hometown in Batu Pahat.

3 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

whah that is one hell of a ta pao! As big as JD's face! Erm why is he wearing a hat in the house?

Saturday, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Har really, so embarassing, I asked the teacher for more and more pao.

Cat Aunty - JD has this thing with hat. He loves wearing his hat and since he found the new Bob the Builder hat from the bottom drawer in his bedroom...it would be a losing battle if I try to take it off.

Sunday, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Wah the pao is good that I think am really goin to get myself one tomorrow morning...slurp slurp...

Friday, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home