Monday, September 25, 2006

I did it!

My husband has some big budget stuff to hand in this week at work. So, in times like this, my man can be a bit stressed out and perhaps erring a bit on the edgy side. He insisted on working from home but it's gonna be hard with a 3yo who constantly wants daddy to play and run round with him.

Solution: I take both kids out and leave the husband with some peace n quiet.

Well, no choice loh as I lamented in my mind. So, I packed a bag, of nappies enough for a 10 wks old, wipes, hat, suncream, set of spare clothes for both kids, camera, a lunchbox full of finger food and snacks...packed the 2 kids in, and instructed the hubby to make full use of his time before driving off to kill a good 5 hours.



It turned out to be a nice day out for all of us. We went to the foreshore, JD playing in the playground, making friends with other kids (mainly girls), chasing the seagulls, making a mess of sand n water, bumped into a friend I haven't seen for almost 3 yrs. Then there was a special KFC treat for JD where he got all excited with the drive thru and sat quietly at his seat munching every pieces of nuggets n chips.

With a full tummy, he fell asleep while I did bored laps around some of the leafy suburbs, admiring the beautiful houses before parking the car under a big shady tree n took some very silly pics of myself.

It was fun. In total, we went to 3 different parks in that 5 hours, whilst my 1o weeks old happily napped in the car and in the sling. Not even a peep from her. But the challenging part was still helping the 3 yo looking for a loo to do his big business whilst carrying a baby in the sling. Talk about multi-task.

On the way home, we stopped by at Gelare to have a chocolate ice cream.

Interestingly, I found lots of people looking at me. Maybe it's odd for a mum to bring a young baby in her sling and her 3 yo out at the same time. Maybe they think I am crazy. Some smiled sweetly at me. Some stared at me. Some looked at me with puzzles.

But deep down...

I was so proud to take both kids out all by Myself for the very 1st time. No tantrums. No tears. But a rewarding "I have lots of fun, mommy!" from my 3yo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Wow! Thats really brave of you. So proud of you!

I would usually bring them out on weekends but only to my mum's retail store. I have yet to bring them both out elsewhere. You encouraged me heaps with this post. I should try it sometimes :)

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Well done !

Monday, September 25, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Wow Mommy this is an achievement! JD you have a new shirt !

Thursday, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Yes, weather getting warmer. JD starts to wear some of his last summer clothes again, but ehem, they are getting a bit smaller though.

Thursday, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Christine Lim said...

Well done! you deserve a pat on your back. Looking forward to seeing more posts on your happy outings soon. :)

Tuesday, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home