Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mooncake

It was moon festival yesterday, and we bought some mooncakes from the Asian grocery shop. This year they have lots of different flavours, the traditional lotus seed, red bean paste, and those with 5 nuts and seeds. But they also have some new ones such as the durian and green tea flavour.

Being a bit more conservative in my taste, I opted for the lotus seed and also one of the green tea flavour.


It was yummy.

But the green tea one is a bit too green for my liking, actually it tasted a bit too sweet and a bit like pandan flavour.

I didn't have any good shots of the kids playing with the lantern coz it was way too windy last night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

I am pretty sure Chloe could not be holding the lanterns so that should really be considered as a singular - kid. Kids? You mean wom and JD? >:-)

Saturday, October 07, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Our bird nest mooncake contains in fact grated coconut meat mixed , I assess, with 0.1 % of birdnest .
Anyway its a gift with special thought for us the teachers.

JJ

Saturday, October 07, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

I still prefer the traditional lotus seed paste loh. Now got cookies n cream, strawberry cheescake and whatnot! Bleh.

Saturday, October 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home