Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Glowing Baby

A few weeks ago, Chloe had a bad case of eczema all over her face. She looked really miserable with red face, slightly cracked skin and not too happy at all. I searched everywhere for ways to help her, and carefully changing my diet too. As she is still a breastfed baby, some suggested me cutting down on dairy products, milk, eggs, and staying away from eczema prone food.

But most importantly, I must make sure she is well moisturised every day, afternoon and night. And because she tends to suck her hands a bit, she tends to get a bit of rash around her mouth and cheeks. I was looking for a good barrier cream and after trying lots of stuff, I still think the good old vaseline works the best.

Each day before she goes down for her naps, I would apply a nice layer of Vaseline on her face.

And when she wakes up, we always have this beautiful glowing baby smiling at us!
So, her skin has finally cleared up after copious amount of vaseline and moisturiser, evening primrose and bath oil for her daily bath and me being cautious with what I eat. And I just need to keep doing it.

8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Yo, Hazelin snow is very good.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Little Impala said...

Since young, Nikita has severe dry skin and eczema, so I use Aquaphor on her. I find that applying a layer of Aquaphor (or even any moisturizing cream) immediately after bath (best don't pat her too dry), really helps a lot. FYI, Aquaphor has the same kind of oily texture like the vaseline, so if u might want to check it out too. :)

PS: Your 肥美人very adorable and how come she has red hair? :)

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh ya, she got red hair? Maybe it's the lighting of the photo. Actually she is quite botak one, so hopefully new hair will grow soon.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh thank you for suggesting Aquaphor too. I shall go the chemist to have a look.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

What is Aquaphor? Is it like OV? Well, I guess she is like the princess with the pea, with very sensitive skin.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Little Impala said...

Aquaphor from Eucerin...

http://www.eucerinus.com/products/baby_aqua.html

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Oh my o my, finally she is smiling demurely like a girl. Like a missy out of Jane Eyre's novel

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Blogger mikorangester said...

Hi Dr. Canter

My family and I suffered a bout of eczema recently. Thought you might like to learn a cure for surface eczema.

URLs are as follows

http://eczemafix.blogspot.com/

or

http://www.geocities.com/mikorange/Eczema_Treatment.html

Regards

Michael

PS: Appreciate if you tell everyone
also, if your child is too young, swimming in the sea is the best.

Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home