Friday, January 12, 2007

So true

I did a quiz from this website whilst sourcing home activity ideas for JD. It was indeed what I have always thought of him.

Your child has exceptional charisma and physical ability. You may be living with the next great athlete, Tiger Woods or Serena Williams. These children can even grown up to be actors. Don't be surprised if your child is the next Richard Burton or Nicole Kidman. Your adventurous child may even grow up to be the next Sally Ride or Neil Armstrong. Your child loves to move, climb on things, and loves activity and adventure. These children are sometimes labeled hyper active when they don't have outlets for their energy.

Not that I think he will be the next Tiger Woods, but just that he is very strong in his physical ability. He is always doing something. He would not even glue himself to the TV for long. I could let him watch something on the TV, but he will still be doing something while watching TV, be it building blocks, drawing on some paper, coming around to see me when I am cooking, playing with his sister or whatever. And yes, it's true that he LOVES to move. Bring him to a park, that's heaven to him, he can run, he can climb, he can do stunts that I would not even consider. He is quite brave that I need to remind him to slow down at times. His carer's comments about him is always "JD is the usual today, full of beans, happy as Larry!".

We only worry when he suddenly becomes quiet or have no interest for food. That's always a sign that something is wrong.

So true I found! I know a lot of times at friends gathering, people are quite amazed with JD's energy level. Some moms have labelled him as hyperactive. Some said they would have gone crazy if given a child like him. Some always have a worry look on their face when they see him and ask me "Is he ALWAYS active like this at home?" Actually, I think he is just a normal 3 yo boy and it never came across my mind that he is hyper or unusually active for his age. I know he isn't because he is just my very energetic and high spirited child.

My in laws always felt that he is a bit on the naugthy side. That looking after him takes a considerable amount of energy. Well, maybe, because I do a lot of physical activity with him. But then to keep up with him, I also eat a lot of very nurtitional stuff to keep up my energy level. Not easy, but certainly worth the effort.

And from this website, it recommends ways to nurture his talent.

Any type of sports, group or individual, such as soccer, karate, and dance. These children usually love large motor activity. Some ideas for their physical activities are jungle gyms, balls, tricycles, and skates. Also they may like active handwork such as clay, playdough, sewing, and finger painting.

Some other great activities would be wall climbing, playing in the children's play area at your local fast food restaurant, the slides, pools of balls are great free activities for your child.

The good thing is I am already doing lots of activities such as those with him. It just takes more commitment and discipline from myself to come up with activities every day to keep him stimulated and occupied.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home