Sunday, April 15, 2007

On this stormy night...

Once in a while I really enjoy this kind of night.

Both kids are fast alseep by 7pm. JD fell asleep whilst having his dinner and Chloe is usually tucked in bed by 7pm.

At 8.30pm, I switched on the TV and saw that Grey's Anatomy was on. This is rare for me. And my husband had to remind me, "Sit down, watch your show, the kids are sleeping!" :) Truth is I quite often forget to sit down and have a bit of time to myself.

Later on, he came out of his office mumbling something about seeing a movie. I thought he was suggesting us leaving both kids at home while we catch a movie on this stormy night, heehee! That would be an idea since they are both sleeping, hahaha!

Then I did the same to him "Go, both kids are sleeping, I will be fine!"

The thing is my husband dearly loves his kids. He was hesitating about going tonight because he was afraid JD getting upset if he finds out daddy has gone to movie without him.

The father n son do lots of stuff together. JD misses his daddy when he is at work. JD would ask to speak to his daddy at work at least once a day. During the day, when JD hears a car driving past that sounds likes his dad's, he will jump up, rush to the door shouting "Is daddy, is dady!" I feel sorry for him when I have to keep telling him that daddy is still at work.

Every weekend, regardless of the weather, the father and son will pitch a tent in the backyard,
camping! They call it the "Boys night out". And my husband can't wait for the day when Chloe joins them in the tent.

But he just rang, and I told him to enjoy the movie, have his mega size popcorn, drive carefully when he comes home later.

I will continue with my blogging, reading, drinking green tea, checking on the 2 kids once in a while...

5 Comments:

Blogger jean said...

wow.. both your kids sleep so early?? Grace earliest is 930pm latest 10pm unless we came home later than that.

Ah... isn't it nice to have some time for yourself. But i do know the can't sit down and relax feeling. I would once in a while pop my head into Grace's room to check on her when she sleeps....heehee...

I got some prob logging into my old blogger acct so the login is a bit confusing here (http://mommyjean.wordpress.com)

Monday, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Are we watching the same Grey's on Sun 9pm ?

Monday, April 16, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

7.30 is quite early. Do they wake up middle of the night?

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

Gotta love days like these.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Jean & Vien - Oh yes, I usually send my kids to bed the latest by 9pm. The baby usually goes to bed at 7pm, wake up around 5am for a feed, then goes back to sleep till 7am. JD used to be in bed by 8pm, but these days he can stretch till 9pm the latest. No later than that except if we are out. Otherwise, I would never get a break, hee!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home