Monday, April 30, 2007

Zombie

I am feeling slightly zonked out the last few days. Miss C has been on this teething thing on and off, and she hardly slept a wink last Friday night. And she has been waking up at least twice if not more during the night for a number of weeks now. The lack of sleep is finally catching up on me, my body feels achy from the constant nursing and holding, and I am not quite there at the moment.

I am even finding hard to utter the right words to stuff, paying enough attention to what my 3.5 yo is saying let alone walking in a straight line.

And I am struggling to find something to blog about because of this zombie mind of mine. I am starting to feel a bit snappy because of the lack of sleep, and not the best person to be hanging around with, heeheehee (evil laugh!) No, I mean it, I am a cranky old woman right now.

My sister is here for a week, so that has been a much needed relief for me. At last, I have the chance to pass the baby to someone else when I needed to take a shower, cook the dinner, have my breakfast, not having to bring Chloe along when I needed to drop JD off at kindy, someone to play with them while I sneak out for a walk ALL BY MYSELF, it helps in many ways.

On Saturday night, I had the chance to leave Chloe at home with my sis while we brought JD out for a dinner with friends. We could have left the 2 of them with her, but we are not that mean, haha. May I say my kid sis is a pro at babysitting. She managed to put Chloe to bed without much struggle, checking on her while she is asleep, and even managed to soothe Chloe back to sleep when she made some noises halfway through her sleep.

And for the first time in many months, I had the rare opportunity to have a proper catch up with friends that night. And catching up without a baby in my arm, eating with a pair of chopsticks in another hand, making sure the 3.5yo is sitting down in the restaurant and not running around...you get it....honestly, most of the time I am just dying for the dinner to end, because honestly, eating in a noisy Chinese restaurant with young kids, while trying to engage in some form of adult comversations is just a joke for me these days. Good luck with that.

Right now I have the chance to blog, without having the 9 months old holding onto my legs or playing with the swivel wheels of my chair, while my 3.5 yo sits quietly watching his kid's show...
Tomorrow is my off day, so I am hoping to spend some time with my sis, have a coffee, lunch, satisfy her shopping gratification at Target.

That said, I just found out my 3.5 yo is running a fever of 39.5 deg c, so it looks like I might not get my day off tomorrow.

GO away fever!

5 Comments:

Blogger Vien said...

It is one of those days, huh? It's crazy out here too..the weather is awesome and i'm stuck at work. I should take a few hours off today..at least spend some time with my little one.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Wah not bad huh, Aunty J ! Get miss c sorted out without having to resort to D.R.E ! Bravo !

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger JJ said...

testing

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger kelly said...

How is JD now? Hope he is well. It's so nice to have your sis around... Ask her to visit you more often in future...:p

Thursday, May 03, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

hope JD is feeling better now. not easy for a mommy of 2 to take care of a young bb and a sick todd.

take care. alot of young children are sick over in sg. runny nose, sudden fever, cough.. all sort..

Thursday, May 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home