Friday, April 20, 2007

Hooray, it's Friday!


Hooray, it's Friday, the last day of school holidays! I have been busy. JD is going back to kindy next week and I am looking forward to my half day break. We have been busy with activities every day, to the park, playground, walks, playdates, gardening, car washing, baking, painting, craft, his daily lesson time with me....and on one of those days when I ran out of idea, I even brought the 2 kids alone to IKEA.

I almost chickened out half-way driving there because I think it's just mad going IKEA alone with 2 kids. But I did anyway and we came home with lots of different containers to put JD's crayons, colour pencils, paint brush, craft papers away nicely, we got more drawing paper for his easel board, and ate more Swedish meatballs while we were there.

It turned out we had a great time there. JD was very sensible and helpful when we were there. He sat at the table helping me to mind his sister while I went up to order some lunch. He didn't move an inch from the table. When we got the food, he sat there quietly eating his sandwich, chips, juice and also helped me to finish the meatballs. He also tried to help me with the trolley except he nearly ran into a lady on crutches, oops!

We are also in the midst of shopping for a new oven, cooktop and getting a kitchen renovation done. So, it has been mad! Driving around with both kids to visit kitchen showroom, checking out the new ovens, and by now JD is quite a pro with kitchen reno! And my mind is just about to explode with all the different quotations, cooktops, ovens in the market!

And on my usual kids-free Tuesday, I have been busy attending training, so that means I haven't had a break to myself the last 3 weeks.

Oh, I am so hanging out for next week!

But for today, I abandoned all plans and just brought the 2 little monkeys with me to a cafe! JD has his hot chocolate with plain toasts, I have my flat white with a muffin and Chloe just nibbled on a bit of everything. I need to chill!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vien said...

You're so brave to be in Ikea alone with both kids. I can't even do that with my own kid..sigh. My girl is a monkey queen.

Saturday, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

JD, THREE STRAWS???!!! HAIYO.

Saturday, April 21, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

what is a flat white? please take a photo of this dreamy concoction

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home