Thursday, May 03, 2007

All well again

So JD had the gastro flu. He is fine now and went back to kindy today. But it wasn't so fun when he was sick because as you know, sick kid can sometimes be grumpy, whiny, pesty little fellow, testing your patience and waiting for you to just wave the white flag at them !!!!!

Over the last few days, it was JD - 1 , Mommy - 1.

It was a draw because he was grumpy, and I was just exhausted from the lack of sleep.

I am feeling slightly more human myself. And that's after drinking a small jar of Brand's Chicken Essence. My mom swears by it. It's not the nicest thing to taste, but it works better than coffee, chocolates as a quick pick me up. Trust me, it works, though it tasted foul.

Anyway, back to today. I did my parent roster duty at JD's kindy again. Once a term, his kindy encourage parents to volunteer their time to help out in the classroom, be it cleaning the child's hands after a finger painting session, cutting out the fruits for snacks time, guiding them, talking to them...Most importantly, in instills a great sense of pride in the child's heart that his/her mommy is helping out the teacher!

I enjoyed it just as much as the kids.

I got to see what JD did in class, how he interacts with the others, how he would raise his hand for a chance to talk, how he would share with his teacher about what he ate for lunch, that his sister loves to put toys in her mouth, seeing how focus he is in getting his painting done, that he follows the teacher's instructions...

And my favourite moment was seeing how all the kids worked together in packing up their toys after a play. Little by little, they pick up the toys, put them back in the big box, together they carry the box back into the shed, with little steps.

The only thing was JD can be a pain. While sitting down on the mat at story time, JD saw that his kindy mate F was playing with the doll house. And bossy as he is, raised his hands, confidently saying to his teacher A "Excuse me, teacher A, F is playing with the doll house."

I was thinking to myself, well JD, you wouldn't have noticed that if you were also paying attention at story time. Ha!

But JD is crazy about rules! And that can be a bit too much at times.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vien said...

I love Brand's Chicken Essence! The trick is to warm it up a little prior to drinking.

Friday, May 04, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

Yuck, vien. Who likes Chicken essence.

I'm same... only drink it when absolutely necessary! hahaha

Saturday, May 05, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

JD crazy about rules...hehehehe.. guess who started it !

Tuesday, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home