Sunday, October 09, 2005

a new beginning

Saturday!

This is a gardening day for me. I have been dying to get my hands into the garden beds, putting in new seedlings, plants, flowers..but the weather has just been crap week after week. Finally, the rain stops, the sun came out and I am off to one of my favourite place, Bunnings! I love the nursery and love buying plants, seedlings, pots...and I enjoy sitting in the patio during the warmer days having my breakie, tea, lunch or dinner and admiring all the pretty flowers. Furthermore, JD loves to do the watering, so it is extra fun for him when we have lots of plants in the yard.

Today, we planted some pansies and petunias in the garden bed! It was really nice, almost therapeautic to be quietly digging around in the garden, planting seedlings, watering and hoping those ugly snails won't come near it!

Though hard work considered by some, I managed to sneak out for a 1.5hr facial, and a full back and shoulder massage! That was a relaxing change and nice to be pampered for a while.

Tonight hub cooked dinner, grilled honey mustard chicken breast! And I made a sweet potato and carrot mash! It was delish!


Sunday!

Slept in till 730am, skipped the morning walk coz the rain returns! But hub cooked breakie this morning! I must have strike Lotto coz hub seldom cooked! Ha ha, I might as well enjoy while he is in the mood of cooking! I think hub is trying to earn back a few brownie points after few recent incidents . Oh, and I had sausages, bacon, egg and hash brown! That was good.

And where to after breakie? I dragged hub and JD with me to a pottery place to get some ceramic and terracotta pots. JD went wild at the pottety place, coz he got all excited with the water fountain displays, and some even had smoke (fake one lah) coming out! I walked away happily with 2 ceramic and 1 terracotta pots!

Then I dragged them back to Bunnings! Nah nah I am not that mean, I dropped them off at a playground while I went hunting for more plants. I got a few more pretty seedlings, some daisies, some strawberries which I hope will bear some fruits. JD helped me with the potting mix, watering some plants, planting some new seedlings...he had a ball! And that was the best thing, seeing kid enjoying the outdoor, wanting to part of everything you do. I enjoy having JD around me and we can talk about things we do, seeing his face brightened up as he experienced with a new thing. That was priceless!


The last few weeks have been a difficult one, with different issues to dissolve...trying to act and think objectively and not emotionally. That's not always my strong point...but after weeks of comtemplation, deep thoughts on the bus way home, talking to myself, talking to hub between our busy schedule...I am starting to accept there will be things in life that is going to stress me out, that's going to test me and more importantly my relationship with people closest to me. Sometimes, it requires great courage, great belief, working out what is most important. While what is most important to me may not be the most important thing, the greater interest of all is greater!

With that, I hope for a new and fresher start for the week!

1 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

祝你成功,天天开花,日日是好日。

Monday, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home