Saturday, April 01, 2006

Love affair with food

JD is a funny kid. He loves his food and he has the tendency to overeat. Sometimes he eats too much that he gets sick. His carers at daycare always talk to me about what he eats and how much he eats. He hasn't quite work out when to stop eating and when he realises he is full, it's also the same time when his belly is going to burst.

After having another night of him overstuffing himself this week, I decided to introduce the concept of portion control to this kid. I am teaching him to eat little bit at a time, and when he asks for more, I will try to let him have a rest before giving him more.

But, could my new experience have backfired when I heard him talking in his sleep the other night...

JD: "Mommy, dinner"
JD: "I want more dinner"
JD: "Yummmm, dinner!"

Scratching my head now, hee hee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Aiyo, just feed him lah. If he wants to eat feed him things like oats, rice, vege, fruits like apples and not grapes, basically things that makes him FULL.
Anyway kids have higher metabolic rate than adults. They have a long way to go before it slows down at the age of 30, like us ;)

Sunday, April 02, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

i think you should perservere, it is for JD's own good. Dun want him to start taking xenical at 25!

Monday, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Spencer: "JD..trust me , better listen to your mom. Otherwise getting squeezed by human through those @&*$%... grilled gate... and with Mera looking on. Gosh how embarassing..."

Tuesday, April 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home