Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I am surviving! JUST!

Honestly, lately I am lacking a bit of "inspirasi" of what to blog about. Between the every 3 hourly feeds, settling an upset newborn when she needs to do the "big business", getting my almost 3yo toddler ready for daycare in the morning, getting to places on time (NOT!!!!), cooking dinner by 3pm each day, doing the groceries shopping and the laundry... everything is to be done at a certain time when either one child is taking a nap and the other one not calling out for attention or one not due for a feed while the other one is happily entertaining himself.

4 weeks on with a newborn and a toddler in the house, my greatest challenge have been

- Getting JD both kids ready in the morning and getting JD to daycare on time
- Dragging myself out of bed by 6am (NOT FAIR!!!), showered, and have my breaky before both kids are up
- Bathed both kids, cooked dinner, picked JD up all by 5pm
- Making sure JD still sticks to his 8pm bedtime curfew

And stopping myself from hitting my hubby when he is snoring away in his slumberland whilst I stumbled my way through the dark at night to the cry of a newborn.

Some days are fun, some days are evil, some days I just want to sit down and eat a whole block of chocolate all by myself...

About the kids, JD is coping better everyday with a new baby. He loves his sister but could over smother her with kisses n hugs. No ill intention though as you can see!


As for the lil missy, she is growing by day and JD's teacher said she is a little piggy, hee! I noticed her hair is getting a bit thicker and lets' hope it stays that way. She still loves sleeping being wrapped like a sausage, and being tucked in nice and warm near the heater. She's like me, loves her sleep and dislikes the cold. The only thing though, she is still not liking her bath, sigh!

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoebe said...

Its all coming back to me now! lol Hang in there yah, i am in similar situation as you are. Its really tiring for you when you are recovering from labour and have to accomplish so much with little help... but God will sustain us yah, :) btw, are you going back to work soon?

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hey P, I have taken a big step of taking 12 months off from work. It took me a while to make that decision, but I hope that would be the best for both kids and allowing me to really enjoy them. But I still take my hat off to you pal, breast feeding and working full time and running a household! You go gal!

Sunday, August 13, 2006  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Sometimes life leaves us no choice :P God will give us strength yah. How do you like your working life there? Did you grow up in Australia? I am really uncertain about having to eventually reside in Australia and working there. I love Perth though :P Miss the nice blue skies! :)

Sunday, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home