Sunday, December 17, 2006

An Aussie Must Have

Since moving to the OZ land 9 years ago, I have a few Aussie must haves.

One of my "must haves" is to own a barbecue (or barbie as we call it here)! Yes, an Aussie household is not complete without a backyard barbie, where you can throw pieces of steak, fish, sausages on the barbie, sit outside in the back garden, have a nice cold beer on a nice summer evening.

For years, I have had wanted to get one. But each year I kept putting it off, maybe just not sure of which one I really like, or I was just too stingy not wanting to part with my money.

Anyway, after spending countless evening, breathing in the aroma from the neighbour's barbie, hearing the laughters in the back garden, thinking how nice it would be, I decided I am getting myself a barbie for Christmas this year. Actually for the family.

And so we did. I walked into a barbie shop with Chloe last Tue morning, greeted by a very helpful middle aged salesman, half hour later and a phone call with the husband, I was sold. He was honest, straight to the point and he thought Chloe was cute as a button.

So, we spent an hour this afternoon putting it together and we had out first barbie at home this evening. I was thinking, this will be a way for the husband to do the cooking on the weekend. Hee hee.
And we are definitely having a barbie for this year's family Christmas dinner. I am not cooking a big fat turkey with the oven going at 200 deg c and when it is forcasted to be 39 deg on Xmas day and at the same time with my air conditioning going at full blast, it just seems so silly!

7 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

This new barbie set can easily solve cooking problem when too busy.True or false?

Sunday, December 17, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, December 17, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, December 17, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

True. Nothing like celebrating Xmas in 40c heat in front of the BBQ!

Monday, December 18, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

BTW more vegies on the BBQ please!!

Monday, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

Good thinking. We love BBQ in the winter too! Nothing like the smell of good eats cooking on the BBQ!

Monday, December 18, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hey, Chef , can I have my steak medium done please ? *hee hee*

Monday, December 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home