Saturday, December 16, 2006

Play Safe

Yesterday, after packaging up JD's Xmas crafts for the families back home, I went off to the post office with Chloe hoping to just get some stamps and sent them off. I was preparing myself for a long queue at the post office given this time of the year. The queue wasn't long but the process of just sending five A4 size envelopes took over 20 mins!

Apparently, the Xmas crafts JD made were considered to be "suspicious and potentially dangerous" materials! As they were not just the usual printed materials, and his crafts had some "gold dust", I had to fill in a custom declaration form to say they are" safe and posing no terrorism threat" and showing my ID!!!

Geez...and and, I had photos in one of the envelopes...and apparently the powder that used to print the photos were considered as explosive materials! Oooppps!

Anyway, so after filling in 6 custom declaration forms, letting the postie chick feel and touch and scan my envelopes, weighing them one by one....checking my ID, I was out of there! Hmph!

Sometimes I tend to think we can take things too far or just simply playing safe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Hmmm...I would have been so thrilled and pressed my face against the glass to see what they are testing and poking

Saturday, December 16, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Sigh. If it really is explosive who would have sent it by post?

Saturday, December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home