Monday, December 04, 2006

I need to.

I need...

To remind myself that patience is a learned skill sometimes. And I need to keep reminding myself that. Not everyday I can expect my kid to behave, listens, do as told and not throwing an ocassional tantrum. It is all normal. Some days I could cope easily without even a sign of grumble, but some days, I have no choice but to send him times and times again to his quiet spot.

I continue to keep myself together. No shouting. No screaming. Get down to his level and talk to him. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

But it's always those days when I am feeling slightly tired, under the weather that things go pear shape.

Isn't it funny that kids tend to know how I am feeling sometimes?

And in times like this, I reach for my cup of Camomile tea and reflect on the fact that kids are kids afterall.

He will learn. He will grow. He will eventually learn to listen. He is still my lovely little 3 year old that is learning about choices, boundaries, what not and what yes. It is all a phase.

I just need to keep believing in him and believing in myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Same here. Whem am tired, I used to get irritable. I figured is best to run at 90% capacity so that the balance 10% is saved for cheering ourselves up

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Same with every young mother. You
are at least able to write out
your feeling and experiences instead of permitting them to ferment badly in your mind . You are very wise !

Tuesday, December 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home