Saturday, January 13, 2007

Miss C's Report Card

Miss C turned 6 months old yesterday. My sister said Miss C can be Miss Cheeky, Miss Chubby, Miss Chloe or all of the above. We also call her 小肥妹! (Fei miu miu in Cantonese).

Chloe is growing up quick. Phil and I felt that she suddenly feels heavier in the last week or so and I feel it when I hold her under the arm. She also went through a growth spurt recently when she would very kindly wake me up every 3 hours in the night time for a feed. Half of the time, I would fall asleep with her still in my arm before she finished her feeds.

She still loves sucking her hands though she mostly does it when she is tired, which is really a sign for her to sleep. She is rolling onto her tummy and back everyday. Her latest trick is rolling around in her cot till she gets into the corner and not able to roll back, hmph! That's when she lets out a big protest for someone to rescue her. She always give me that cheeky look when she does something like that.

I have also noticed that she is very attentive. She will follow us around in the room with her eyes, turning her head to see where noises are coming from. She still spends a lot of time on her tummy and would prop herself up with her arms straight - a bit like the cobra yoga pose!

She is showing a lot of interest in her toys. At this stage, she is into all the banging and sucking toys, she will hold the toys in her hand, bang it on the floor, on the table before sucking them, eeeee....

Chloe is also babbling away. The 3 sounds I hear most often from her is "Aieh", "Ngeh" and
"Ummmmmm". I speak mostly Mandarin to her and she will look at me when I call her Chloe or 恺仪 or "fei mui mui" . Sometimes when I put her on my lap while doing things on the computer, she will turn her head around to look at me, babble away before tuning back onto the computer screen again, as if telling me something she sees on the computer. She gets really excited when she sees colourful pictures of babies! She shows her excitement by flapping her arms up and dow!

One of the most exciting things this month was her starting solids. At the moment she is only eating rice cereal. I have tried to mix it with cooked puree apples or bananas, but she just scrunched up her face and that expression said it all. But she is one little piggy. She gets really excited when she sees me with her food by banging happily on her table. And she is so "kan chong" (hurry) when she eats. She will keep snatching the spoon off my hand trying to feed herself and gets terribly upset with me if I take it back. Ummmm, got temper already!?

And oh yes, not forgetting she can hold her own bottle when given a drink of water. Cool huh I think!
That's all for her 6 month's report card.

5 Comments:

Blogger Little Impala said...

She is 6mths old already?! Wow... time really flies. She is so adorable!! Eh... I thought she has a better nickname leh - "肥美人"! ;)

By the way, I'm curious to know why you are speaking more Mandarin to her. (I'm assuming you are speaking more English to JD.)Is there any particular reason why u choose to use Mandarin as her primary language? I'm asking because i always have this debate with my DH - which language to use when we have our #2 in future.

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger kelly said...

Wow, she wakes up three times during the night...it must be hard for mummy ya? My Qianyi started sleeping through the night at 3 months. That's why Qianyi's not chubby...because she doesn't eat supper!:)

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hehehe mommy why don't you put "fei mei ren" picture as screen saver ....and see if she recognizes

Monday, January 15, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

Your fei mui mui very cute! I saw some rashes on her face. Hope she is ok now.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

CM - heehee, yes she has another better nickname, but just her mommy very naugthy only. About the reason why I speak more Mandarin to her, there are different reasons but I think I will put that in another blog post.

Bokchoy - Century egg porridge sure nice one, but I must wait and try out one food at at time in case she has some food intolerance.

Kelly - Ya loh, those frequesnt night feeds can sometimes be quite torturing. But becoz I am always so sleepy, I would just fall asleep anyway. I just need to make sure I don't walk into the wall when I walk to her room for those night feeds.

Jean - Oh, you are such a sweetie. Yes, Chloe has some infantile eczema and tend to flare up when the weather is hot. Now being summer in OZ means we need to always keep her cool and avoid bringing her out when it's hot. We just had a really hot weekend of 40 deg c. Can even fry an egg on the road I think!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home