Friday, February 16, 2007

Sweet moments

So it's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged. So many things have happened in the last 2 weeks that I haven't had a chance to really slow down and rest.

JD started kindy 2 weeks ago. There are no more tears. I am sooooo proud of him. By the 2nd week, I saw a happy little boy, zooming around like an aeroplane into his kindy. On that particular day, upon arriving at kindy, he was a totally different boy. He was telling me about his teacher Amanda, that she is going to read him stories, play the tambourines, do paintings, playing sand with his friends and etc etc. I thought it's pretty cool he knows his teacher's name by the 2nd week, as that secures an important trust in him.

When the bell rang, I said to him "Jayden, mommy had to go now, have a good time." And with a reassuring look in his eyes, he looked at me, nodded his head and said "Bye mommy, I love you!, you go now!"

I almost cried when he said that. I almost cried because I felt so touch by his courage. That he knows that mommy was feeling just as anxious, and he was reassuring me. I cried a bit later on when I got home because I know whatever we have done in these first 3 years of his life are already bearing fruits. We have done something right as parents. We have been building the kind of trust, assurance, love in him that he is able to reciprocate back to us. And to see that a 3yo has such reassurance brings a lot of comfort to my heart.

As I was chatting about the incident to my friend that night, seeing our child growing up is one of the sweetest feelings as a parent. It is magical, and it is sweet.

It ain't matter anymore when all he wants at night before bed was just one more kiss, one more cuddle, one more squeeze, because I will always give him that.

And he is growing up so quick. My cheeky little monkey.
On that day after kindy, the first thing he said to me when I picked him up was "Mommy, I didn't cry today anymore." And he said it so happily with a very cheeky grin.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

wai po said "Be careful. The pail might get stuck".... ;)

Monday, February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home