Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Chloe vs. Sleep

I am not quite sure what's been happening to Miss C's sleeping habits lately. For at least the last 3 months, she has been the coolest baby! She wakes at 7am in the morning, have a 90 mins nap at 9am, feed at 11am, nap again at 1.00pm for another 2 hrs, then feed at 3pm, sometimes even have a power nap at 4.30pm and would settle to bed by 7pm without a whinge each and every night. I was so happy with the routine because her nap times have allowed me to do lots of 1 on 1 activities with JD.

But this week has been a bit crazy. She wouldn't settle to sleep by herself on Monday night and my husband had to carry her till she falls asleep. Unfortunately, I was out attending a parenting course and he had to handle it by himself. Last night we had the neighbours kid testing out his new sound system and the noises were keeping her up. My main struggles lately have been her day naps. She would wake up crying after about 45 mins and would not settle till I put her in my sling.

Our routine is out of the window this week. I hardly did any craft/activities withJD in the morning as she would be crying after a short nap and it is hard for me to do things when I have her in the sling. JD would want me to have a race with him but then how to run with her in the sling oh? And if we sit down to play a board game or read a story, she would keep grumbling because I am not moving around. Hmph.

I am scratching my head for answers. Is it developmental milestone? Is she hungry? Is she thirsty? Or maybe the new rice cereal is upsetting her? Or hehehe, she is telling me she is not so angel afterall? I mean she maybe little in size, but man, her cry is LOUD! It's so loud and pitiful.

She is currently asleep in the sling while I type this with my other hand.


See, now she is happy, but then her mommy is crazily looking for answers. Or maybe I should just go sit down with a cup of camomile tea and hope her body clock gets itself back in order again.

And then I am stressed out about not doing enough proper activities with JD. I am dying to get him learn the alphabets, numbers, crafts, Mandarin and everything an almost 3.5 yo should also be doing but he is more interested in building a rocket with his blocks, grabbing the white board marker off my hand to doodle when I try to draw an aeroplane to show him the "A" sound, or doing anything, anything that involves sitting down to learn. He is starting kindergarten in 2 weeks time, would he be ready? Maybe he is going to be the teacher's nightmare :(

I know JD is the active type, or the 屁股有刺 ( got ants in pants) as my chinese teacher used to say, so getting him to sit down quietly can be hard, but I still want to make sure he gets a balance between active and quiet activities. How am I supposed to do that? I don't know.

Maybe I should just stop worrying for a while. Hmph. On that note, I am going to look for chocolate in my fridge now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Worry not Mommy, slowly slowly catch the monkey ;)

Wednesday, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Shannon said...

hey there..
first time here...
Chloe so chubby... How come her face so much rashes? Recently mar??
her change in sleeping pattern ar, could it be teething? I know my daughter is like that, cuz irritated gum, so she not willing to sleep herself... Maybe you can check... :D

Thursday, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Shannon welcome. Chloe has infantile eczema at times and tends to flare up when the weather is hot. Teething could be a good reason as she is a drooling pot at the moment.

Thursday, January 18, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

oh dear lord, how i wish for more sleep too.

Saturday, January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home