Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day AFternoon Tea

I got an invitation from JD's Kindy to attend a special Mother's Day afternoon tea.

I got there at 1.30pm, walking into his classroom with all the little chairs lining up and children waiting eagerly for their mommies to arrive. Upon seeing me, JD ushered me to sit down in the front row and to take the RED chair - right in the middle.

After teacher Amanda introduced herself, she led the kindy kids in songs. Together they sang Baa Baa Black Sheep, I'm a Little Teapot with few versions for I'm a Little Robot, I'm a Little Toothpaste and Open Shut Them with actions.



I felt so proud sitting there watching JD and his kindy mates singing. I felt so proud to be a mother, and more so, for being JD's mom. My little boy is growing up, listening attentively, singing, dancing, giggling, laughing as his teacher guided them through the songs.

After the songs performance, one by one, teacher Amanda called out their names and each child walked up to their moms. And when it was JD's turn, he presented me with a special card and little pouch of bath salt before saying "Happy Mommy's Day, I love You". He even took the time to explain how I should use the bath salt, that the bath salt is pink in colour - and that it is only for girls and not for boys :)

I felt so touched by his gesture, and I was very close to tears seeing how much he has grown and that I feel so rewarded by just being his mom.

Oh JD, you are growing up so fast, but you are doing so well. I am so happy to be your mom.

But here is one of JD getting stuck into those party food, hee!

I really enjoyed the experience of watching JD at his kindy today, seeing how he played with other children of his age, the way they socialized, talking to one another, how they helped one another during packing up time...I feel like I am starting to see some early efforts bearing its fruits already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Oh oh...even aunty wendy has wet eyes reading this

Thursday, May 10, 2007  
Blogger Vien said...

His kindy is really great. So, did the teachers charge you for the gifts?? ;) LOL!

Friday, May 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home