Friday, July 01, 2005

2nd stage of mamahood

Part1:
Oh man...I never imagined I would be doing this one day...But there I was, up early on a Friday morning for a dental appointment at 730am before rushing off to the BOCS outlet..for what u may asked?

I was queuing for the ticktes to Wiggles Hot Potato concert! Oh yes, they are coming to town and I have heard the tickets would be selling like hot potatoes. JD is wiggly mad with the Wiggles, he loves the Hot Potato song, the Big Red Car, Where's Jeff...and I have Wiggles song wiggling around in my head all day.

There were lots of people already waiting when I got there, some with kids in tow, some with the grandparents along. BOCS outlet finally opened at 9am but there were 20 other people in front of me, and I was watching....people were taking at least 5 minutes to decide where they want to sit...it was getting into me. (Remember: I haven't had my breakfast n coffee, just came from the dentist, still sore from the new filling and half of my face is still numb from the anaesthetic..) So, instead I got onto the phone ticketing and got my tickets in just 3 mins. Ahhh, stuff the queue, I am going to get myself a coffee now!

Part 2:
Here I was, happy now that I have got the Wiggles ticket and my coffee, I am now on my Friday Errands Mission...there are bills to claim, cheques to bank, calls to return, people to see, presents to buy....So, while rushing around with this yummy Caramellatte in my hand, I came across this old man sitting by himself in the cold, not looking too well but still brave himself trying to raise awareness for Huntington's disease. I felt bad, felt bad that I have a nice cup of hot drink in my hand, while he hasn't..felt bad that I feel nice n warm while he may be cold and unwell. I didn't like that feeling, so I dashed back to the nearest cafe and ordered another Friday cappucinno and muffin special....

Part 3:
I helped to babysit a friend's 6 weeks old baby. Man, I can't remember JD being that small when I first brought him home. The soft baby hair, tiny little fingers that grip onto you, the innocent gaze of a new born. I guess it's hard to remember anything during those days when all you get is a few hours of sleep each night : )

Part 4:
It's party time! I am off to a Majestic dinner tonight organised by work. I got my hair done, put on some make up and it's party time! Ha ha, it's been ages since I have been able to leave JD at home and go out partying! You can imagine, I was excited and almost jumping out of my skin with this freedom even if it was just for one night! I could dine, I could wine, I could dance all night.....and finally tip toed back into the house at around 2am....hee hee hee, I had a ball!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home