Saturday, July 09, 2005

early bird

Damn, I have got the cold again! My nose is stuff, I can't smell or taste anything! I don't even know what I am eating because I can't taste anything. Not happy!


This morning JD decided to get up at the most unreasonable, torturing and almost ungodly hour of 5am! What the!!! I was still deep asleep in my slumberland, not wanting to get up because I know it was only 0.3 deg c outside! But thank goodness, hubby thought he would do the right thing this time, hee hee! And what do you do with an active, energetic, and "ready to face the world" toddler at 5am! Ah....I heard the famous Wiggles "Toot toot chugga chugga big red car..." blasting away in the lounge room and that was the end of my sleep in! Ha ha, welcome to the house of a toddler.

Now, JD and I have this weekend rituals when I would bring him out for walk every Sat and Sun morning in his pram. We walk the same street each time, stop by at the newsagency to pick up the paper, then the bakery before we take another big loop home. Sometimes, rituals are good, but maybe not so good when it's freakin cold outside at just 0.3deg and is still dark. JD was all ready for a walk well before 6 this morning, and got himself all organised! He brought his jacket out, put his beanie on, brought his shoes to my room and told me "up mommy"...."go", uh huh! There was no way of talking him out of it, so instead hubby brought him out.

And there you have it, father and son, holding hands, each carrying a torch going out for an exceptionally fresh morning walk, brrrrrrrrrrrr!

2 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

echinacea helps too, but then if it is 0 degree everyday, a cold can't be avoided!!

Monday, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

torches? now we know where does themale fascination with torches arise.

Monday, July 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home