Sunday, July 10, 2005

shopping spree

Our Saturday continued with a visit to IKEA first up! Hubby stays home this time coz he needs to study for his final exam on Tue (and this better be the last time he is ever going to do anymore studies coz I have enuf of it for 7 years!) The good thing about going to IKEA early in the morning is you don't get the mad crowd and you can actually get a parking spot. IKEA is a great place for storage ideas, and I got more boxes, containers this time to put away JD's little cars, trains, toys neatly in a box. I got another throw for the sofa, bits n pieces for the bathroom, some photo frames and some wooden trains for JD (yes, just 4 more to add to his collection :)) ! And I also bought a new set of lights for the bedroom, a new quilt and a new pillow! I am happy!

It was still early when we finished with IKEA, so we drove back to South Perth and spent a bit of time running around in the park! Perth is a great city, not too crowded, not too busy, just a nice pace all the time...thus I think a great place to bring up the kids! Most kids like the wide open space and that includes JD! He loves running around in the park, rolling around on the lawn, watching kids playing footie and once in a while chasing the seagulls.

For a well balanced and relaxing lifestyle, I wouldn't swap this place for anywhere else....

And the best thing was knowing JD had a great time when he gave me a BIG smile on the way home!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Humm, make sure there is no dog poo poo on the grass before our dear JD start rolling around :D

Monday, July 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or funnel web spiders!!!

Monday, July 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI *wave* from S'pore :)
I agree that Perth is a nice place. I yearn for a more relax lifestyle. Over here, its a rats race...and at the end of the day we only get cheese!!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home