Tuesday, November 01, 2005

i am whinging, i know

Tonight I feel blessed and lucky to have a child like JD! He is a breeze most of the time (touch wood eh!). He is a good eater, never fusses, whatever I cook always taste good to him. He says "thank you" when I put dinner on his little table, he even get me organised in the morning by getting my shoes out from the cabinet, he misses me when I am not around and jumps with joy when he sees me at the end of the day. He knows Sunday morning is our special walk around the suburb, when we detour to the bread shop, then the newsagent, then to a nearby park before heading home. He asks for me to read his favourite story every night, and a kiss and cuddle before he goes to sleep. He even tried to put a hair clip on my hair to make me look pretty, ha ha. He is a good kid, full of love around him.

But then I also felt like a grumpy old bum today. I don't mean to sound bitchy at all, but I am getting tired by the long hours hub puts in at work. I keep telling myself that too shall pass...and try to be supportive coz he needs to do well at his work and if I whinge and carry on, that's going to affect him...then he gets stressed and etc etc! But how about ME? Who cooks my dinner when I come home from work? Who washes and dry my clothes when I am tired? Who irons my clothes? Who helps me to tidy up the house? Who organizes all the bills to be paid? Who showers the kid in the evening? Who puts him to bed? Who drives the kid to and fro from daycare? Who organizes all the special festivals, birthdays at home? ... the list can go on and on...but the truth is women are stuck with the majority of home tasks. Yes, I choose to work, that's an important part of my life, but I need help, I need support, I need the tasks and responsibilities to be shared and I need my husband to help me.

Long hours at work might be a common thing these days but sometimes I feel like running a single man shop!

Words fall on deaf ears too sometimes. I made my point but I can't change a person.

And deep down I want to feel appreciated, I want to feel loved...and maybe I am not hearing enough of that...and I feel rotten...I feel taken granted of.

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

I see, you feel too much alone. But since your man is working hard, he may feel he needs support and appreciation too. When will be the next chance of him staying at home? Coming Saturday? There will sure be such a day soon. Try to focus on other things you love and not him , at least now.

JJ

Tuesday, November 01, 2005  
Blogger Vegie said...

I think Phil is a hardworking and honest man - probably he is working his ass off to buy you a diamond ring ? hehehehe......

Friday, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Vegie said...

Ya man , S-P-E-L-L it out...especially after they are married

Friday, November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home