Sunday, May 28, 2006

Be organised

One of the new year resolutions I made to myself earlier this year was learning to be organised with things at home. At the same time being inspired by IKEA's theme this season - Get Organised, I spent my time, weeks after weeks, little by little, faithfully visiting IKEA to get all types of drawers, boxes, containers to sort out the mess in the wardrobe, my study desk, JD's clothes, my kitchen cupboard and anything I could lay my hands on.

Whilst I am a perfectly organised person at work, filing every single piece of project and work away, I have a "can't be bothered" attitude sometimes when it comes to home. Whilst I am generally a neat person, I could still let things go a bit astray at times.

Call me anal or anything, but I have now sorted all the wardrobes into various little compartments for t-shirts, long sleeves, short sleeves, shorts, jumpers, socks, PJs, jocks, socks, belts. Everything has its own designated place.

It felt great once I have sorted out the mess. And you know what, the best thing was not having someone on my back asking "Have you seen my......" Now I could just say it's in this drawer, in that room, go get it yourself! Ha ha! It feels good to be organised!

Hub and I have made a pact that we have to do everything to keep all things neat and tidy! Let's see how we go this time.


8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Wow, so neat and colourful. I kalah lah.Shall learn from you more.

JJ

Sunday, May 28, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

You mean you sorted out your walk-in wardrobe?

Monday, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh yes, now I can actually walk into my "walk-in" wardrobe. I had a gutful of it after all these years.

Monday, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Great. Must maintenance can be ... high .... hor. Like last time wendy always ask you and ah jut to 排衣服。 ngiak nigak ngiak.

Monday, May 29, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hey ! One Punch !

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hee hee hee, I actually had that memomery falshed through my mind as I was sorting out the clothes.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

O dear, looks like this 排衣服 thing has caused some serious childhood trauma ...I need a confession to rid my sin.......[sob sob sob]

Tuesday, May 30, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Whah good job Harimau.....what a feat!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home