Friday, April 28, 2006

Living a gypsy life

Our Melbourne trip continues...

On the 4th day in Melbourne, we began our jourhey as gypsies. I am proud to say my hubby can be quite an outdoor person at times, especially when it comes to camping. He likes the 5* treatments, but also love the great outdoor! So, on this trip, we decided to hire a campervan and drove around regional Victoria. I have been looking forward to living in a campervan, which really is a van but one that comes equip with kitchen, fridge, microwave, sink, dining table and beds. It is really neat, and you either love it or hate it. For me, I love it and so did the rest of the crew.

My greatest dream is to travel around Australia in a campervan or something similar one day.

So, here's a shot of the campervan!


The first leg of our journey was Melbourne to Port Campbell. Before heading off, we stocked up our food supplies with milk, bread, eggs, bacon, fruits, vegies, meat, pasta, and etc. Port Campbell is along the Great Ocean Road but we weren't chasing the 12 Apostles this time as we had done that previously. Instead we took the inland route which cut down the travelling time by 2 hours. Besides, the Great Ocean Road is really windy and not the best if you are travelling around in a campervan. We spent out first night at Port Campbell Caravan Park and JD was so excited when he saw daddy neatly folded the passenger seat into a dining table. He was really EXCITED and HAPPY!

That night I made Spaghetti Bolognaise for dinner. But uh oh, we had a problem. I realized we have forgotten to buy salt, but hub came up with the idea of adding some butter into the pasta sauce to make it a bit more flavoursome. I wasn't quite convinced by him, but was rather impressed with it when I gave it a try.

It was a simple meal, but so nice and so much fun. Maybe because we were on a holiday, but I think it was just so cool to be living in a campervan.

So, here's a shot of me cooking in the campervan!





4 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

O by that windy road......I threw up all my fish and chips when I took the windy path down the Great Ocean Road.

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Oh dear! That's also one of the reasons why we avoided the Great Ocean Road this time. I get nauseous so easi;y these days, so any hooks and turns were best avoided.

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

judging from the photo here, I don't think you look big at all!

I wonder what your friend would say, after her careless remarks, if you shouted out - wow, you really know how to spoil my mood, huh? Hee Hee...

My dream is to go on a motorhome road trip too!

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Ya you look just nice.

Saturday, April 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home