Monday, May 15, 2006

Naik Pangkat (Moving Up)

Whoosh, this has to be one of the busiest weekends we have had in a while. Being Mother's Day on Sunday, I had my MIL and the rest of the family over for dinner on Saturday night. Silly me, possibly due to the gradual dissapearance of my brain power, which correlated well with my expanding belly...I underestimated the amount of food! It wasn't enough, so we had to order 2 large pizzas from the shop nearby (much to the delight of my BIL and hubby). And sorry, we didn't take any pics of the food either. I made a Chicken Cottage Pie and served that with a warm pumpkin, spinach, parmesan salad! It was yummy, all gone in a second, except it wasn't enough.

But what kept us really busy this weekend was buying a new bed for JD! He had obviously outgrown his cot a long a time ago and had been sleeping on the QS bed in the guest room. We finally got him a Kura reversible bed from IKEA, a new mattress, new rug, a treasure box, new bedsheets, quilt, quilt cover set for his new room. Buying the furnitures were the easy part, putting them together was where the fun began! This is the fun with IKEA!

JD loves his new bed! Now he can sleep under the stars everynight! But like all mums probably, I spend a bit of time telling him about his new bed (worried that he might resent it), that it has got stars, that I am going get him new sheets and bla bla bla....

But one night as I was telling him, this little conversation nearly made me fall off the bed.

Me: JD, mommy is getting you a new bed soon
Me: Bed has got a little canopy over it and you can see stars
Me: So, what do you think
JD: No, no stars bed
Me: Oh, you don't like stars
JD: No, I want a HEART shape bed!" (as in a love heart shape!!!!)
Me: Har, you sure, what colour?
JD: RED!

So once again, I had to put on my imaginative hat on and sold him the idea till it clicked!



However, with JD moving into the guest room, means me giving up my home office! I have since moved my workstation to the common room, and which means lots of reorganizing, cleaning up, and all the work that went along with it when you shift furnitures around.

My own Mother's Day was spent decorating his room which I enjoyed. It was a quiet one, but man, I just slumped onto the sofa after playing musical chairs with the furnitures.

2 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

The bed is of such a design ! Jayden sure likes it.
For yourself, don't hurry to do too many things in continuation oh!One or two things at a time!

Monday, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Come to think of it, the bedsheet so loud wont he get a headache? ;)

Saturday, May 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home