Saturday, April 29, 2006

Speechless

Just the other day we attended a friend's son full month celebration. And many of our friends also knew a while back we were expecting baby no.2. It was a lunch gathering and our friend's mum have very kindly prepared a sumptuous lunch for all the guests. After settling JD with his lunch, I finally had a chance to sit down and enjoyed the lunch like everyone else.

Now, what is it with some people that everytime they see you tucking into something, they need to always remind you that you are growing in size? Or maybe you are big enough to go on the World's Biggest Loser? Ok, so I am 6+ months preggy and my belly has popped out. Yes, I am not a size 8 at the moment, but how could I possibly be? And I am not a tall person, so any big round belly on a small person is sure going to look big.

And in front of everyone, and just as I was about to have a first bite of my lunch, this person blurted out..

"My god P, I can't believe you are only 6 mths preggy, you look so HUGE! Are you sure your baby is due in July? Because I think you look like you are 9 or more mths already!" "Maybe you should confirm with your doc again" bla bla bla bla bla bla

Oh nice, thanks for being so "encouraging"!

Now listen woman, personally, I think I am doing just fine. I do not think I am big, but I think I am normal and glowing like any expecting mothers 2 be. And if you have a problem, go take it out on something else, like maybe considering getting your lips sewn!!!???

Honestly at that moment, I had a thought in my head...I just wanna to punch her up. As one of my Science teachers used to say when I was in sec school "One punch and you are out of here."

But I just ignored her and moved to another area to have my lunch.

6 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Ha, who is this big mouth ? We shall all give her O-N-E P-U-N-C-H !

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Can you remeber the name of this teacher? An Indian old lady right?

Saturday, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

P-U-M-A ! ( to be more accurate..Prema )

Sunday, April 30, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

Bitch!! Snarl!!

Monday, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Low EQ woman. Hope she get constipation.

Monday, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Thanks guys for all your support! yes, that woman was quite cruel. Even my hubby looked at her with disgust...

Monday, May 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home