Friday, June 02, 2006

Musings on a Friday arvo

Friday, sun is shining, birds are singing about, the warmth of the rare winter sunshine has lifted the cold crisp air in the morning. I have activities planned for JD and me, colourings, craft, walks, lazing around in the house, taking him out for lunch...

It's been a nice day. We have taken out all the old baby clothes to give it a nice wash, and man, I have forgotten they come in such small package. Maybe I am getting a bit anal, but the smell of the fresh laundry under the warm winter sun felt especially good.

JD and I sat down later on and did some craft. We got hold of some cardboard paper, felt, yarn, glue and started creating a picture. He wanted a sun, tree, flowers and I helped him cut out the little pieces. Whilst a bit wonky with his glueing, I managed to help him straighten up a bit. It was great! I really need to plan some activities for him around the house especially over the coming months and more so when bub arrives. Being winter, it's going to be wet and with a new bub, it's very likely we will be spending a bit of time in the house. I don't know how I will be like managing 2 little munchkins under one roof....but I can at least be hopeful!

I look forward to the times ahead, though seems overwhelming at times, I hope it would turn out just fine. I hope I wouldn't lose my cool and be a complete bitch. My friend's mum have this special little advice for me when bub #2 arrives "Don't worry if your house is in a mess - your kids are not happy if it's always neat and tidy".

I ask hubby last night if he wants me to cook up meals and freeze it, in a very relaxing and almost a very OZ way "Nah, love! I will handle it". And without thinking about it he said to me "I have cooked JD some nice noodle before!" To that I replied "Oh really?" and he sheepishly replied "Yeh, the packet Mee Goreng!" Hahahaha!

Later on hubby assured me that even if he can't cook while I am away, he will bring JD out for dinner everyday. So if I do my sums and add up:

McDonald's + KFC + Hungry Jacks + Chicken Treat + Red Rooster + Pizza Hut + 1 Chinese takeaway...I think they will be fine.




5 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

Nice pix of the laundry. I feel very happy too drying clothes under a hot hot sun on that revolving thingy.

Friday, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Huh, I see that JD is still trying to mow the lawn from the laundry picture.

Saturday, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Vegie said...

Hey indeed , pix of laundry is NatGeo standard loh

Saturday, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

hahahaha. I like the laundry pix too but didn't know it's of such quality!

Saturday, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Phoebe said...

Hiyee! Congratulations yah... when are you due? I always wonder how it would be like to finally migrate over! *shudders* So not looking forward to it

Sunday, June 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home