Thursday, June 01, 2006

Strange Encounter

After dropping JD off at daycare this morning, I set off running a few errands - have a morning coffee, visited the bookshop, then craft shop to get a few supplies for JD's craft time at home. Later, on the way to my hairdresser, I stopped by at the nearest petrol kiosk to fill up my car as it was dangerously hitting the red line.

While standing there filling the petrol and looking at the meters clicking away, this car pulled up beside me. Out came a middle-aged man and still minding my own business, he just said to me "Hey, you are pregnant!", then reaching out to the front seat of his car, he handed me this bunch of longan!


I didn't know what to say, I just said "Thanks", but felt puzzled by the whole incident. Strange!

7 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

You mean this man pulled up beside you, handed you the longan, and drove away again ? Hahaha kidding. This man must be the Duke of Longan. By the way Longan is an ancient Irish surname too.

Well, I was thinking that this must be a truly blessed baby. Already receiving presents even before the birth.

Thursday, June 01, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Dad said this man could be one of the persons introduced to him by Uncle Joseph when Dad was there on Jayden's birthday. Dad was brought to his house and garden where dad saw longgan trees, mango trees etc. Plenty ! He originated from Miri and attended Jayden's birthday party with other uncles and aunty Lee Fang! JJ

Thursday, June 01, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

That was an Indian man, he seems nice and friendly. But I don't think I have met him before. JD ate all the longans when he came home from daycare.

Thursday, June 01, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Hohoho, wrong identification.
There might be a day when the puzzle is solved, by chance again.

Friday, June 02, 2006  
Blogger cat_aunty said...

What a nice story....

Friday, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Eternal Sunshine said...

Har, not Jalleh ah?

Saturday, June 03, 2006  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Ha ha Eternal Sunshine, I will know if that's Jalleh! For sure!

Saturday, June 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home