Friday, June 16, 2006

What's next?

People sometimes say bad luck comes in three ... or sometimes I tend to believe that, if one thing breaks, they will come in 3 too. Last week it was my car (and I don't even want to mention the story, it's too painful). Yesterday it was my garage door! Yep, while I was trying to open up my garage door, the springs broke into 2 and flew to the other side of the garage!

I just stood there, counting myself lucky and at the same time shocked as...

1. My hubby's car that's normally parked at the side of the broken spring was parked in the drive way..otherwise it could have hit his car while my car is still being repaired

2. I was not standing anywhere near the door, else the broken spring could have hit me

3. JD was not with me yesterday, otherwise that could have been nasty too

Today I got a new quote for a new door, and like last week, I would need another Martini to calm me down (only if I could) when I saw the quote, ouch!!!!! But instead I will have a slice of chocolate cake if I could get my hands on one.

So, 2 big things have broken down in the past week, what's next?

My friend joked with me yesterday that the next thing to break could be my waters!!!! Ah, nooooooo, I know I am in the last month of pregnancy, but surely this baby can't come just this early yet! I still have a few things to do like getting my facial done, my eyebrows and legs waxed, another hair cut, catching up with some friends, put new seedlings in my garden bed, stock up on food in the pantry and freezer...

Well, my friend's joke became a bit daunting to me last night, so I got into the mood to fully tidy up the baby's room and really packing my hospital bag. No sneaking out of the room to watch Big Brother but really focussing on what I will need in the hospital! Especially underwears, lotion, moisturiser... I can't rely on hub for this, he always get it wrong with feminine products.

There's only one more item lacking in my bag - a new set of pyjama! Not that it really matters, but I have this thing with new pyjama after having a bub! The other thing is it won't be a good look to have a old, washed out, out of shape PJs on show in the hospital either.

Tomorrow I am going to get my eyebrows and legs waxed at 3pm! Cannot have doctor staring into my hairy legs when I am in labour, not very lady like!

Then I will drag hub to Bunnings with me on Sunday to get some new flower seedlings, and he will need to help me with the planting : )

And please I don't want a 3rd thing to break unless it's absolutely necessary! Maybe I should just go break a plate or something now to break the pattern, haha!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

What you resist persist woh - as the saying goes. The more you resist, the more is going to happen , like Newstonian Law of Force. So relax my dear Harimau - whatever comes, it can always be solved.

Saturday, June 17, 2006  
Blogger JJ said...

Dear me, don't be so tense. Relax,
2 mishaps have completed the Chinese saying" Huo bu dan xin".
Got a beautiful pejamas, and be a beautiful mother.

JJ

Saturday, June 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home