Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My Must Have Everyday

I must have my walks everyday. Once in the morning and if possible, once in the afternoon. I load both kids in the pram, JD in the front, the little one at the back, with my ipod, a hat on, the daily walks have become a bit of "me" time. It doesn't matter if the kids are with me, but I get to listen to some music, absorb in my thoughts for that 30 mins or so twice a day, once in a while engage in some conversations with JD, sometimes stopping by at the supermarket to get some juice or bread. I can't do without my walks and I can't do without my Phil&Teds double buggy. I feel sluggish if I have missed my walks, as if I haven't gotten a good night sleep at all. And I wouldn't have such joy with my walks have we not bought this last year.

The funny thing is, even if I really had a bad night sleep, the morning walk do wonders to kick start my day. And it's a great way to let the kids enjoy the fresh air in the morning. Both kids were up by 6.30am today, so I thought what better way to start the day by going for our walks before it gets too hot.

The mercury is gonna hit 42 deg c (107.6 deg f) again today, so we might skip the afternoon walk. It would be way too hot.

Now at 8.53am, the aircon in the house has already been turned on, blinds are shut, lots of ice water, fruits in the fridge ready for another hot day. I am feeling terrbile not doing my part to conserve the energy after watching An Inconvenient Truth about global warming the other night, but heck, it's 42 deg today!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vegie said...

Chloe: "Ahhhh....mommy is so smart and know how to use a camera. I want to grow up like her"

Thursday, March 08, 2007  
Blogger jean said...

Aahh... now I know who chloe looks like. Her daddy! :)

Friday, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

They look so cute in it. I'm glad that you go for your daily walks. Can't wait to start mine.

And yes, I got the same buggy in Charcoal :) I've only used it in the newborn and toddler position.

Friday, March 09, 2007  
Blogger Irene said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home